Inaugural 360 Live Webcast to Look at Evolving DOD Budget Picture
The recent failure of the deficit-reduction supercommittee only adds to the uncertainty defense communities already are facing in supporting their local installation. With the possibility that the Pentagon will need to find an additional $500 billion in savings, beyond the $450 billion reduction already called for, communities are bracing for a wide range of cuts.
Join ADC next week for its first Defense Communities 360 Live Webcast as three experts discuss the impact of expected changes in DOD spending on defense communities:
- what is the current budget situation on Capitol Hill and the Pentagon?
- what are the immediate impacts of defense cuts for defense communities?
- will installations be downsized or closed outside of the BRAC process?
- what should communities look for in the coming months and how can they prepare today?
The expert panel will include:
- John Simmons, senior advisor, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Cece Carman Siracuse, senior associate, Hurt, Norton and Associates
- Barry Steinberg, partner, Kutak Rock
The webinar will be held Thursday, Dec. 15 from 3:00 to 4:15 p.m. The cost is $25 for ADC members and $50 for non-members. Register today!