- February 14, 2014
- comments: 0
The next round of base closures likely will be much different than the last, and as a result, the Army Corps of Engineers will play a much different role, Lt. Gen. Thomas Bostick, the agency’s commanding general, told reporters earlier this week. The Corps spent about $11 billion on new construction following BRAC 2005, but the next round will focus on disposing of properties and closing installations, Bostick said. “How do we reshape installations and make changes in the overall location of installations in order to maintain a force that is much smaller than we have today,” he said, reported Federal Times.