Nominate a defense community to be recognized in 2019!
Click here to learn about the program.
• The deadline to submit a nomination is Friday, October 26, 2018.
• Please fill out the nomination form completely, incomplete nominations will not be considered.
• All nominations must include a signed letter of support from one or more members of the community’s congressional delegation. Other letters of support may be submitted but are not required.
• You will receive an email confirmation within two business days of receipt of your nomination.
• Should additional information for the nomination be required, ADC will contact the nominator.
• ADC will notify nominators/nominees if they have been selected to the 2019 Class of Great American Defense Communities by November 9, 2018.
• Be an individual community, group of communities, county, parish or similar non-state-level local government entity that is home to an active military installation.
• The nomination must be submitted by an ADC community member (in good standing) that represents: (1) the entity being nominated or (2) one of the entities represented in a regional submission.
• States and private sector organizations are not eligible to submit nominations.
• Nominations require the support from at least one member of Congress that represents the community or region being nominated.
• By submitting a nomination, you are committing to be involved in the program and the activities described below.
• Communities selected in 2016, 2017 and 2018 are not eligible for nomination.
Make sure to complete these steps to submit your nomination.
• Verify your membership status with ADC.
• Complete the nomination form.
• Complete and sign the consent form at the end of the nomination form.
• Attach a signed letter of support from one of more members of your congressional delegation.
• Submit the nomination form + supporting documents online or email them to Grace Marvin at email@example.com by October 26, 2018.
By submitting a nomination, you are committing to be involved in the program and the activities described below (which are subject to change).
• Communities will announce their recognition as a Great American Defense Community with a press release in November 2018.
• Between January and June 2019, your community will organize, host and fund local event(s), in coordination with your congressional members, base representatives and local community partners to celebrate your selection and recognize the work of your community. ADC will provide support in developing the event, provide promotional items for the event (including the Great American Defense Community flag) and coordinate for ADC leadership to be present at a community event.
• At ADC’s Installation Innovation Forum (March 4-6) in Miami, Fla., there will be a screening of a GADC video introducing the 2019 class.
• At ADC’s 2019 National Summit (June 10-12) in Washington, D.C., selected communities will need to be present to participate in activities, including:
• Fill out all sections marked with a red asterisk.
• If you need to start the form and then return at a later date, scroll to the bottom and select “Save and Continue Later.”
(Note: If you choose to use this function, you must scroll to the bottom of the page and retrieve the link that will allow you to return to the form. You will be prompted to put in an email address in order for you receive the link to return at a later date.)
• The email may go to your spam folder. We advise saving the link in addition to receiving an email.
• The information will be stored for 30 days, after which it will be automatically deleted.
• The form must be submitted by October 26.