The defense appropriations measure the House will consider Tuesday is part of a four-bill package that also funds homeland security; commerce, justice and science; and financial services.
According to a summary, the DOD spending portion:
- provides $50 million for the Defense Community Infrastructure Program and $25 million for the Defense Manufacturing Communities;
- funds a 3.1% service member pay raise;
- funds an ongoing federal study into PFAS contamination;
- includes $315 million for public schools at installations and increases school infrastructure repair funding by $45 million over current levels;
- provides $110 million for child care facility upgrades;
- provides $1.8 billion for disaster relief in Alaska, California, Florida, Georgia, Nebraska, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia; and
- funds the Space Force at $40 million.
Air Force photo by Trey Ward