ADC is proud to announce the 2018 recipients of its Defense Community Awards. Winners will be recognized during the 2018 Defense Communities National Summit, June 18-20, in Washington, D.C.
- Community Leadership Award — recognizes an individual whose outstanding leadership helps build a military-community partnership to enhance the mission of an active installation. A nominee may be an elected or appointed (non-military) official at the state, regional or local level, a volunteer, or the chief executive officer of a local redevelopment authority (or equivalent organization).
- Mark Kern, Chairman, St. Clair County Board, Ill.
- Tom Neubauer, President, Bay Defense Alliance, Fla.
- Military Leadership Award — recognizes an individual from any branch of the military whose outstanding leadership has been essential in building and sustaining partnerships with defense communities that are home to active, realigning or closing installations. The nominee may be active or civilian military personnel who has played a role in defense community issues at any level and who demonstrates vision for establishing new models of partnerships across the country.
- Gen. Randal Efferson, Chief of Staff, Alabama Air National Guard
- John Lynch Base Redevelopment Leadership Award — Recognizes an individual whose outstanding leadership has been essential in ensuring that a community or local redevelopment authority has (1) helped address the community’s specific economic needs following base realignment or closure; (2) shown measurable results; (3) incorporated innovative public-private partnerships; and/or (4) served as a model for other communities across the country.
- Libby Day, Community Development Specialist, City of San Diego