There still is time to recognize the accomplishments of defense communities and their installations. ADC has extended the nominations deadline for the 2016 Defense Community Awards program to April 8.
ADC will present this year’s awards at the 2016 Defense Community Awards Luncheon that will take place at the Capital Hilton during the Defense Communities National Summit, June 20-22. Awards honor a community, installation, public official or military leader demonstrating leadership, innovation and excellence. Specific categories are:
- Base Redevelopment Excellence (2015 winner: March Joint Powers Authority, Riverside, Calif.)
- Community or State Excellence (2015 winners: The Dayton Development Coalition in partnership with the state of Ohio; and Fort Polk Progress, La.)
- Community or State Leadership (2015 winner: Steve Levesque, Executive Director, Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority, Brunswick, Maine)
- Congressional Leadership (2015 winners: Sens. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), Tim Kaine (D-Va.) and Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska); and Reps. Joe Courtney (D-Conn.) and Adam Smith (D-Wash.))
- Installation Excellence (2015 winner: 96th Test Wing, Eglin Air Force Base, Fla.)
- Military Leadership (2015 winner: Col. H. Charles Hodges Jr., installation commander at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.)
Award criteria and other information are available on the ADC website.