The 2018 Defense Communities National Summit is coming to D.C. in two months and will bring together hundreds of leaders from communities, DOD and industry to discuss pressing defense policy and budget issues and explore how our defense communities and military installations can work together to meet the challenges ahead. The program — which builds on the theme, Strengthening America’s Defense Infrastructure — includes three pre-Summit events, 10 general sessions and more than 20 breakout sessions. Highlights include:
- Understanding DOD Reform and its Impact
- Military Quality of Life — Why it’s More Important than Ever
- What is Your Defense Community Readiness?
- Creating Military-Focused Innovation Hubs
- A Military Child Policy Town Hall
- What Is a Smart Defense Community and How Do You Get There?
Keynote speakers include Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.); Lucian Niemeyer, assistant secretary of defense for energy, installations and environment; and Air Force Secretary Heather Wilson. For a full listing of sessions, visit the Summit website. The Summit will be held from June 18-20 at the Washington Hilton.