By submitting a nomination, you are committing to participating in the program and the activities described below (which are subject to change):
- Special announcement in January 2018 and national media release.
- Between January and June of 2018, your community will organize and host local events, in coordination with your congressional members, base representatives and local community partners to celebrate your selection and recognize the work of your community. ADC will provide support in developing the event and will coordinate the presentation of the Great American Defense Communities flag. When possible, ADC leadership will participate in events.
- At the 2018 Defense Communities National Summit (June 18-20), the 2018 class of GADC communities will be recognized at a special reception attended by members of Congress, DoD leaders and fellow communities.
- At the 2018 Defense Communities National Summit, selected 2018 GADC communities will participate in a general session highlighting innovative ideas, best practices and lessons learned.
- Each community will be highlighted in a special exhibit displayed during a Capitol Hill reception and other possible locations.
- Selected communities will be highlighted in a feature story in the 2018 edition of America’s Defense Communities magazine.