- June 20, 2017
Your privacy on defensecommunities.org
This website is administered by the Association of Defense Communities. We respect the privacy of our members and other visitors to this Web site. We strongly believe that if electronic commerce and online activities are to flourish, consumers must be assured that information provided online is used responsibly and appropriately. To protect online privacy, we have implemented the following policy.
What information do we collect?
We gather information indirectly through our site’s technology and directly when you provide information on various pages of the website.
General Browsing Information: When visiting our website, we automatically collect and store the following information:
* the date and time
* the originating IP address
* the type of browser and operating system used (if provided by the browser)
* the URL of the referring page (if provided by the browser)
* the object requested
* completion status of the request
* pages visited
We use this information only to analyze general traffic patterns (e.g. what pages are most/least popular). This data may be preserved indefinitely and used at any time and in any way necessary to prevent security breaches and to insure the integrity of the data on our servers.
Personally-Identifiable Information: We also collect information directly when you voluntarily submit it to us. Throughout our site, we provide the opportunity to apply for membership, register for a conference, subscribe to email newsletters, or participate in an online survey. When we collect this type of information, we will notify you as to why we are asking for information and how this information will be used. It is completely up to you whether or not you want to provide it.
Will we share this with outside parties?
We may share information gathered directly – such your email or postal address – with our partners for the dissemination of information. We may also share non-personally identifiable information with others in partial or edited form, such as in a report summarizing responses to a survey. Again, before you submit any information, we will notify you as to why we are asking for specific information and it is completely up to you whether or not you want to provide it.
Do we collect sensitive personal or financial information?
The only personal or financial information ADC collects is information you voluntarily provide.
Financial information – such as credit card numbers – may be collected when you voluntary submit it for specific payment purposes; this data is for ADC’s one-time use only and is never shared with outside parties.
How do you protect my information?
ADC places the utmost importance on responsible and secure handling of your personal data, and does so in accordance with all applicable laws. All personal or financial information submitted to us voluntarily is processed on a server that is certified as secure by Thawte. Other non-financial, personally identifiable information online – such a listing in our Membership Directory – is accessible only by current ADC members or staff.
Do we give you access to your information?
You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do, to have access to that information and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can do this by emailing email@example.com.
Acceptance of Terms
The content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to this site are protected under applicable copyright, trademark and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use, or publication of any such matters or any part of this site by unauthorized users, except where noted, is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content or other materials viewed through this site. Accredited educational institutions, such as K-12, universities, private/public colleges, and state community colleges, may download and reproduce documents for distribution in the classroom. Some of the content on this site is the copyrighted work of third parties.
Limited License; Permitted Uses
You are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license
* to use this site solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes; and
* to print out discrete information from defensecommunities.org solely for internal, personal, non-commercial purposes and provided that you maintain all copyright and other policies contained therein.
No print out or electronic version of any part of this site or its contents may be used by you in any litigation or arbitration matter whatsoever under any circumstances.
Restrictions and Prohibitions on Use
Your license for access and use of defensecommunities.org and any information, materials, or documents therein are subject to the following restrictions and prohibitions on use. You may not:
1) copy, print (except where noted), republish, display, distribute, transmit, sell, rent, lease, loan or otherwise make available in any form or by any means all or any portion of defensecommunities.org or any content and materials retrieved therefrom;
2) use defensecommunities.org or any materials obtained from it to develop, of as a component of, any information, storage and retrieval system, database, information base, or similar resource (in any media now existing or hereafter developed), that is offered for commercial distribution of any kind, including through sale, license, lease, rental, subscription, or any other commercial distribution mechanism;
3) create compilations or derivative works of any content and materials from defensecommunities.org;
4) use any content and materials from defensecommunities.org in any manner that may infringe any copyright, intellectual property right, proprietary right, or property right of use or any third parties;
6) remove, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any defensecommunities.org software or use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine defensecommunities.org’s architecture;
7) use any automatic or manual process to harvest information from defensecommunities.org;
8) use defensecommunities.org for the purpose of gathering information for or transmitting (1) unsolicited commercial email; (2) email that makes use of headers, invalid or nonexistent domain names, or other means of deceptive addressing; and (3) unsolicited telephone calls or facsimile transmissions; and
9) use defensecommunities.org in a manner that violates any state or federal law regulating email, facsimile transmissions or telephone solicitations.
Linking to the Site
You may provide links to defensecommunities.org, provided (a) that you do not remove or obscure, by framing or otherwise, advertisements or notices on this site, (b) your site does not engage in illegal or pornographic activities, and (c) you discontinue providing links to defensecommunities.org immediately upon request by us.
This site may contain advertising and sponsorships. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on defensecommunities.org is accurate and complies with applicable laws. We are not responsible for the illegality or any error, inaccuracy or problem in the advertiser’s or sponsor’s materials.
Registration, Member Accounts, and Security
Certain sections of or offerings from ADC or defensecommunities.org may require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide us with accurate, complete registration information. Each registration is for your personal use only and not on behalf of any other person or entity. We do not permit (a) any other person using the registered sections under your name; or (b) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify ADC immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. ADC will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by ADC or another party due to someone else using your account or password.
Your right to use defensecommunities.org is not transferable or assignable. Any password or right given to you to obtain information or documents is not transferable or assignable.
Errors, Corrections, and Changes
We do not represent or warrant that defensecommunities.org will be error-free. We may make changes to the features, functionality, or content of defensecommunities.org at any time. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information, or other content appearing on this site.
Third Party Content
Third party content may appear on defensecommunities.org or may be accessible via links from this site. We are not responsible for and assume no liability for any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content on third party sites. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content represent solely the thoughts of the author and is neither endorsed by nor does it necessarily reflect our belief.